Wednesday 20 January 2010

see what our users are saying

This is a great blog post from a user (Kristian Toms) of the HulloMail service, thanks Kristian


Vodafone, iPhone and Visual voice mail

Recently I have spent some time looking at the iPhone forums on the Vodafone supportboards.  There appears to be a lot of negative feedback concerning Vodafone and customer service.  To be honest I have not had any complaints of using my Vodafone iPhone for the past 2 years.  Yes that’s right I have used a Vodafone iphone for the past 2 years.  I have achieved this by purchasing the phone in Italy as a Pay As You Go and then inserting my corporate SIM once I arrived back in the UK.  So there is  no UltraSNOW or other software on my phone every time I connect to iTunes it confirms that my phone is networked unlocked.
Enough about my unlocked iPhone, the purpose of this blog is to tell you about a third party service I started using over a year ago.  The service is called Hullomail and it has been invaluable.  It is a free of charge mobile service which enables recordings of voice mails to be emailed to my gmail or mobileme account.  Alongside this it used my contacts in gmail to identify who left the message in the message header so that I know who called.  The email integration has meant that I’m able to monitor calls coming in while working in the Library with my phone on silent and calls diverted I can monitor incoming calls and step outside to return calls or continue to get that important report completed.
Hullomail have improved the service of late by releasing an iPhone application.  All missed calls and voice mails are notified by push and I have a great interface to the service which to be honest is better than the visual voice mail software in the phone that Vodafone or Orange are yet to enable.  One of the best features is the ability to send a Hullo (voice mail) directly back to a person without having to phone them (Great just to reply to a question that needs more explaining than a txt).  If you are a new owner of a shinny iPhone on Vodafone or Orange or Tesco Mobile and want visual voice mail download the app and register for the service.



No comments: